Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh My!! It is cold!

Well I must say it is really cold in WV. I woke up this morning to -3 degrees. Our house is a woopping 38 degrees right now. The funny thing is that it no longer feels cold. Our house is averaging about 55degrees on a normal 30degrees day. We can get it warmer but when we are out in service the fire in the woodstove goes out and the process starts again. In fact if my room gets to 60 I think it is a heat wave and nearly have a hot flash and get irritated.

Todd and I have several gas heaters that we could install-- hence free gas --it would not cost us anything to use them-- but we simply have not gotten inconvienced enough yet. I do think though that today will start the inconvience if it continues.

We went to bed wondering how many of our rentals will have busted pipes in the morning. I anticipate two. In those houses we do not have smart enough people to drip the water over the night.

2 comments:

Joellyn said...

It's funny how we can get used to whatever temp we're in. When my house is relatively cold (55 degrees), I find I can run outside real quick with no coat, and think it's warmer than it is.

Amber said...

I can't believe I get cold if it's below 70! Whatta wimp I've become!