Sunday, October 12, 2008

A very sad day

Today before we went to the meeting I checked the birdies. I made sure that the tarp was off of them so that they could enjoy the sunshine. I noticed that there was not much water in the dish but figured that I would be back and would fill it later..............

Well, when we got home seven of them died!!!! four of them had their head in the water dish. Aparently they were trying to get water. As I was standing in dismay I noticed one still alive. Collin got the water, Kara cooled her off and slowly she got better. I was in front of the cage and could not believe how hot it was right there. I would have never left them in the sun like that. I feel terrible!!! The past few days they really enjoyed the sunshine. My little baby birdies that only had a few feathers could not cool themselves from the sun because their mean momma didn't take the time to water them and move the cage.

Now we have a very special CHARLENE that is getting special treatment. She tweets for her sisters so everyone is holding her. I think she likes it.

What a terrible lesson to learn about birds and the sun.

1 comment: